The next new face in Australian cricket is here after ninemsn made another play in the mobile field today, launching its new in-depth cross-platform app Cricket Insight.
The free app is now available for iPhone and will soon be rolled out to Android and Windows Phone 7, offering users premium year-round Cricket coverage with exclusive content from Wide World of Sports (WWOS).
In-depth sports data provided by Australian cricket's official live scores provider infoplum (formerly Cadability) will power the app, which delivers live scores, results, fixture information and enables users to customise alerts.
Cricket Insight also incorporates exclusive video content from Channel Nine’s The Cricket Show, as well as regular cricket coverage updates and all cricket bulletins from Nine News.
Alex Parsons, ninemsn’s Managing Director of Audience says: “During the cricket season, our audience spends an average of 4.5 minutes on Australia’s #1 ranked mobile sports site; Wide World Of Sports.
“We’ve focused strongly on video as our popular Nine Newsbreak and WWOS apps have proven our audience consumes ‘snackable’ sports video content via their mobile devices, and on a regular basis.”
The ‘tv companion app’ has also been designed to enhance Cricket fans’ TV viewing experience, with an electronic program guide highlighting all cricket programs and unique features like; live batting wheels, in-depth real-time analysis and exclusive commentary.
“The success of other Insight apps, for AFL and NRL, which receive in excess of 200,000 visits per month in season peaks, shows Australians are increasingly demanding ready access to real-time sports information via their mobiles.
“And whilst we’re launching in time for the exciting new Big Bash Twenty20 and what promises to be a huge Test series against India, our app has been designed to stay topical for all international and domestic matches, year-round,” says Parsons.
The Cricket Insight app features include:
- EXCLUSIVE cricket commentary via a weekly column with former Australian cricketer, Michael Slater. ‘In bat with Slats’ – unique to the app, allowing users to interact with Slats via live comments
- Up to the minute live scores and match details and fixtures for all Men’s Tests, One Day Internationals and Twenty20 matches (year round)
- Ball-by-ball coverage of all Twenty20 'Big Bash' domestic matches, plus in-depth results and match stats across the Sheffield Shield and One–Day Cup
- Match data: head-to-head previews, run rate charts
- Live batting wheels: details of every batting innings as they play out
- Daily video news updates from Nine News sports bulletins
- Videos of the best segments from The Cricket Show
Arun Khanna, Infoplum’s Managing Director and founder says: "The new Cricket Insight app brings together an unbeatable partnership in Cricket. A perfect example of how strategic partnerships can bring sports to life, it makes the most of our respective strengths – infoplum’s world-leading capture, analysis and distribution of comprehensive cricket scores & stats and ninemsn’s publishing prowess and audience.
“This app is testimony of infoplum’s approach of being a partner and not just a supplier to our clients” says Khanna.
The Wide World of Sports NRL Insight app is available to download on: